Winter brings an abrupt change in weather and our behavior. More so if the change is drastic and suddenly you need to cover your body fully. We resent anything cold and suddenly warm and hot objects are preferred.
Winter also brings along many benefits like more choice of fruits and veggies for soups and desserts. Zero sweat means more energy and less tiredness. Winter ups the appetite and our digestion improves too. All in all winter is a better weather for almost everything.
Winter sports make everyone rush out in the open and enjoy. Winter makes it possible to extend your time spent out without any tiredness. With everyone out in the open, socializing becomes easy and the world appears smaller.
Why You Need Motivation In Winter?
Because the cold weather makes you give excuses for not leaving your warm bed. Imagining the positives help you from throwing tantrums and get back to your workout in winter too.
Top 5 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Work Out During Winter
1. Know what keeps you from moving out of bed
In winters, the whole house gets chilled and even your warm clothes hung nearby are cold too. But there is a way to change and you will want to wear them.
- Bundle a hot water bottle within the warm clothes you need in the morning. Keep this bundle tight and leave it next to your bed. By the time you wake up, your clothes would feel warm like your blanket or quilt.
- In winter even the Sun appears late. Invest in an infra-red bulb or the one with less light and more heat and make sure it lights along with your alarm. Even a normal incandescent bulb will make your room cozy and help you get out of your bed quickly.
- Imagine people enjoying the winter sports out in the open. Obviously they have jumped out of bed early. How could you be left behind in your workout routine in winter?
- Imagine the aroma the hot & tasty soup waiting for you on the table! Winter brings fresh green vegetable-foods to help workout in winter like carrots, peas and coriander.
2. The feeling of winning over winter
Once you move out of bed you have won the first roadblock. Let this feeling linger on and you know all other blocks are not difficult to crack.
Take this winner feeling ahead and try out exercises you did not dare earlier.
3. Benefits of exercising in winters
Winter means zero sweat and exhaustion; meaning you achieved your goal easily. This motivates you to try for the next level and no wonder you arrive quickly.
As there is less fatigue, drinking whey protein shakes will go a long way ensuring you gain more by saving more.
4. Foods to look for that you avoided during summers
Winters increase appetite and you tend to drink less water. Dry fruits, eggs and other foods you avoided in summers are digested easily.
With the possibility of extended workouts, you can even indulge in more sweets than ever before. Be sure to burn the extra calories off either in sporting activities or at gym.
5. Beverages you can have only in winters
Hot soups, coffee, tea only help you to keep warm. With so much variety at hand, extra cups can be downed without the guilty feeling. What’s more even a hard drink is not out of place if you promise not to make it a habit.
Winter season is the season to go out and enjoy. Snowboarding, skiing and all such sports are possible only now. Keep these in mind so that leaving your bed early is best fitness motivation in winter. Once through with your workout, you can easily move and enjoy the winter sports.