Try announcing “I want to gain weight fast” and we are sure most onlookers would call you mad, especially women. Finding a slim trim woman is rare and if you are one, but like to put on weight means you are rarest of rare.
Many women would retort, “I wish I could eat anything I wanted, yet maintain your slim figure” or “I wish I was you” and so on. But fret not, as there is an easy way to put on weight, some healthy weight where you bulk up without bulging tummy and hips. Yes, it is possible and we show you how to bulk up and also keep your curves. Are you ready? Read on till the end and make your notes. Let us begin.
Best Tips for Women to Gain Weight Fast
Part 1 Take a Vow
Stand in front of your mirror. Look into your image and take this vow:
“I want to put on some healthy weight and I will sincerely do what is told to me. I will change my lifestyle to the extent possible without cribbing. I know this won’t happen quickly and I promise to continue till I achieve my goal!” Amen!
You may ask why and what is the need? Well, when you embark on this journey, you need to change some beliefs that were deeply ingrained within. There is nothing which can be life-threatening or devastating for sure. After reading this in full, even you will believe some portions you knew but never gave any importance. Hence, taking this vow is very important. Now let us begin with the steps you need next.
Step 1: Quit Smoking ASAP
Smoking suppresses appetite and you don’t want that. It is the major stumbling block in gaining weight. However, if you cannot quit then ensure you don’t smoke a couple of hours before having your major meals.
Step 2: Walk a mile before your major meal
Walk or swim or run for at least 15-20 minutes before you sit down for your major meals. The idea is to up your appetite quite a bit. If you can’t do any of it, try jumping or any other exercise for that matter. Start building this habit so that your body gets used to it.
Step 3: Get yourself a tub of Whey Protein (Necessary. Read below why it is so)
Step 4: Stock your fridge with Cottage Cheese, Granola Bars, Protein Bars, Yoghurt, Whole Wheat Bread, Butter, Cheese, Eggs, Ghee (clarified butter), Honey, Flaxseeds, Roasted Peanut, and Almonds etc. Also stock up on sauces and condiments that help make foods tasty. The idea here is to add whatever from the above list which makes your food tasty.
Step 5: Note down what you eat regularly and their portion sizes too.
- Break your above food into 4 portions. These are your major meals. You need to add one small snack/meal in between. In simple terms you need to eat 7 big+small meals daily. Even if you are not hungry, add spices/sauces/condiments and make your in-between meals/snacks so attractive, so yummy, you will pick and eat.
- If, for any reason you just can’t munch the in-between snack, mix one-scoop of Whey Protein in either fruit juice / or yoghurt / or milk and drink. Sometimes drinking a shake is much easier than eating.
- Before going to bed, eat one big slice of cottage cheese (100 grams at least). This will be your last meal, so in total you eat 8 meals.
- Increase your night sleep for at least 8-9 hours. Again, this is necessary as the cottage cheese will be utilized properly, only when you sleep so much. Else, reaching your goals will be impossible.
- If you can’t get cottage cheese easily or have difficulty eating it before bed, make sure you get this 24-grams-per-scoop Casein Protein. For quick results, select your preferred flavor, the one you like the most as your body will readily accept without making any fuss.
- Eat One Tablespoon of Ghee (Clarified Butter) daily. You can add it to your bread or any soups or curries. This fat will combine with other nutrients and help you put on healthy weight quickly.
Continue on this for at least two weeks.
Initially you may have some difficulty eating, but do not budge. It is also possible, you may not eat sufficient for a day but do not worry. This is normal. Keep attempting it and soon it will be a routine task and this two week period will pass off peacefully.
For the next two weeks make these changes
- Replace one meal with High Calorie Nutrient Dense foods like Banana, Pineapple, Raisins, Almonds, roasted Sweet Potatoes, and roasted Peanuts etc. Top it up with one big bowl of Yoghurt (Dahi). Also,
- Replace one other meal with one-scoop of Whey Protein / 10 Egg whites / 250 grams of cottage cheese and one banana.
- Note down how much you weigh.
You will gain some weight no doubt. Even if this increase is around 1 kilo, it indicates your food is working.
Now we will show you how you can turn this weight gain into muscle gain. That is, how you can shape your body, which others will envy.
Part 2: Increase Your Protein Content
Protein always helps your body build muscle mass. Muscle mass is that lean weight, hence building more muscle will allow you to gain weight without gaining much fat.
Good sources of protein-rich foods include lean meats, fish, grains, nuts and seeds, eggs, and peanut butter.
Protein also suppresses hunger and you won’t feel naturally hungry easily. Hence it is best to drink protein shakes every alternate day, replacing a protein meal.
Part 3: Key to Gain Weight: Strength Training
You may wonder “why strength training when I just want to gain weight?” What is the reason behind it? Well, before answering we just give you some hints:
Have you watched the movie “Dangal?” By any angle, do you think the girls look fat? In fact, their body is strong but has no extra fat either on their hips or tummy.
Women cricketers regularly hit the gym. They are NOT fat but have tremendous strength and prevent injuries. All their body parts look strong, but not bulging.
Film stars like Katreena Kaif, Kareena Kapoor … all attend the GYM.
Exercise in general is good because it increases your appetite. Strength Training in particular is better because it builds extra muscles and you gain weight in the long run.
Step 1: Join a gym with a women instructor OR watch exercising videos on YouTube.
Step 2: Start with light exercises like Aerobics so that your body is used to the bending all body parts.
Step 3: Start with Pushups and Pushdowns. Initially go for 10 each and with every passing day, increase the number by 2 till you reach 25 and stick to it.
Step 4: Exercise each major muscle group: chest, back, abdominals, biceps, triceps shoulders, quadriceps, and hamstrings. As noted in Step 3, increase the amount of repetitions daily.
Step 5: Once you reach the figure of 25 + 25 Pushups and Pushdowns, feed your body with bananas, yoghurt etc. so that it is digested quickly providing instant nourishment and help in muscle building.
Every alternate day, drink Whey Protein shake or eat 5-10 Egg whites.
Eating extra protein is especially important if you plan to build muscle mass through exercise.
Step 6: Other good strength training exercises include squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, bench presses, barbell rows, dips, chin-ups, crunches, bicep curls, leg presses, and leg curls.
Remember, the day you start Pushups & Pushdowns, make it a habit to drink 10-12 glasses of water daily. Muscles are made up of water and protein. Plus muscle growth needs adequate sleep too.
Once you reach 25+25 pushups and pushdowns, restrict your exercising schedule to every alternate day. All weekends to be free, that is, no exercises.
If you feel like, jogging or swimming on weekends is a good idea. This will also add a bit of variety to your weekly routine.
Part 4: Thank Your Body Every Day
Your brain watches your actions every day. Your mind analyses your reactions. It tremendously helps if you thank your body (Yes, literally speak out loudly) for accepting the change. Believe us, it does make an impact and gaining weight and muscles become fast.
Every human likes praises. So does our body and especially our brain and mind. When you thank, your brain understands it as a compliment. It registers these pats and strives to get more pats. This is what you need. Full cooperation from your body is what you expect. And when it does not cost you a penny then why not?